Your privacy is important to Red Fire Consulting Asia (part of Red Fire LLP)
Your privacy is important to us. This statement outlines Red Fire LLP policy on how we collect personal information and how we maintain, use, store and disclose the personal information we hold and reflects our commitment to you. It applies to all operations within Red Fire LLP Singapore, including visitors to our website.
It is the policy of Red Fire LLP to respect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals. Red Fire LLP are bound by the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
We are committed to being open and transparent about how we manage personal information.
Types of personal information held by Red Fire LLP and when and how it is collected
Personal information means information or an opinion about you. It includes information regarding your contact details, work experience, qualifications, aptitude test results, opinions about your work performance (e.g. references), incidents at the workplace, and other information obtained or received by us in connection with your possible and actual work placements.
We may collect personal information about you when:
- You complete one of our application forms or provide any other information in connection with your application
- We receive any reference about you
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test or any background check
- We receive any complaint or other information from or about you in the workplace
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you were involved
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved
- You provide us with any additional information about you
General information collected from visitors to our website
We gather information about all our website users collectively, such as what areas users visit more frequently and what services users access the most. We only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually create a better overall website experience for you.
Your personal information collected on the Red Fire Consulting Asia website
In some instances we may need specific information about you, such as name, address, email address, telephone number etc. We will collect this information if you apply for a job or sign up for a service via our website. We may also ask you for other information such as the types of jobs you are interested in and your workplace concerns in order to provide you with the best possible service and internet experience.
Purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information
Your personal information may be collected, used and disclosed in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement
- Career guidance or management
- Your performance appraisals
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Our identification of your training needs
- Informing you of possible work opportunities, relevant candidates, or other events such as training or information sessions by direct mail/email/sms
- Our direct marketing (including business development using your telephone number) to you
- Any workplace rehabilitation
- Our management and resolution of any complaint, inquiry or investigation in which you are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal information
- Undertaking criminal background checks
- For research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing, and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work
We may disclose your personal information (including to trusted third parties) for the purposes for which it is primarily collected, used or held or for a related secondary purpose. Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual employers, clients of Red Fire Consulting Asia (Red Fire LLP) and trusted third parties
- Red Fire Consulting Asia (Red Fire LLP) employees and potential employers located in Asia (and any other countries where Red Fire Consulting Asia may provide its services in the future) regarding possible work placements or to assist us in providing our services to you
- External providers of on-line training and induction
- Our insurers
- Central Provident Fund
- A professional association or registration body that has a legitimate interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- A Workers Compensation and social security body
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
We do not disclose information about your individual visits to the Red Fire Consulting Asia’s website.
Management of personal information
At Red Fire LLP, we train our staff to respect the confidentiality of customer information and the privacy of individuals. Red Fire LLP regard breaches of your privacy very seriously and any breach will result in disciplinary action being taken, dependent upon severity. Red Fire LLP have appointed a Privacy Officer to ensure that our management of personal information is in accordance with this policy and the Personal Data Protection Act.
How do we store and protect personal information?
Safeguarding the privacy of your information is important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by phone, mail, over the internet or other electronic medium. We hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records and take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, when we consider information is no longer needed, we will remove any details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records.
How do we keep personal information accurate and up-to-date?
Red Fire LLP take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds and discloses is accurate, up-to-date and complete. We recognise that information changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. We generally update your customer information over the telephone or via email. Please advise your consultant when your personal details change.
Enquiries & complaints
You can make enquiries, requests to access/delete or correct your information, or complain about alleged breaches of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 to our Privacy Officer at email@example.com
We aim to acknowledge receipt of all complaints within 10 working days, and aim to resolve all complaints within 30 working days. This may not be possible in all circumstances depending on the contents of the complaint. In this situation, we will respond to your complaint in a reasonable time. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can contact the Personal Data Protection Commission.
Subject to some exceptions you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you.
To make a request to access your personal information, you will need to complete an application form verifying your identity and specifying what information you require. Please contact our Privacy Director for an application form. We will respond to your request within 30 days after the request is made and provide access to the information in the manner requested. If we are unable to comply with your data access request within 30 days after receiving your request, we shall within that time inform you in writing of the time by which we will respond to your request.
We may impose a moderate charge in providing access. Our Privacy Officer will discuss this with you. You should also anticipate that it may take time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review it in order to determine what information is relevant.
Subject to some exceptions you may request that we correct the personal information that we hold about you if you deem it to be inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading. We will take reasonable steps under the circumstances to correct the information as soon as practicable and send the corrected personal information to other organisations in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
If we refuse to correct your personal information as we are satisfied on reasonable grounds that a correction should not be made, we will notify you in writing of the reasons detailing our refusal to correct the information and the process for escalation regarding this refusal. Should we refuse your data correction request, we shall annotate your personal information with the correction that was requested but not made. If you wish to exercise your rights of correction you should contact our Privacy Officer for an application form or otherwise comply with the applicable statutory requirements. We will not charge you for making the request to correct your information or annotating your personal information with the correction that was requested but not made.
Red Fire Consulting Asia have several areas on our website where you can submit feedback, under the ‘Contact Us’ section. Any feedback that is submitted through this area becomes the property of Red Fire Consulting Asia. We may use this feedback, such as success stories or responses to surveys, for marketing purposes, or to contact you for further feedback on the site.